Trimble Link for Civil 3D 2011 update

By Nặc danh - tháng 6 10, 2011


Many of our users use Trimble Link in their day to day work, both for importing data from their data collectors and for exporting data out to those data collectors. Over the weekend, I noticed that the update for the 2011 version of Civil 3D was out. I promptly downloaded it and started the installation, only to receive the following error:
image
Quite confused, I checked my install of Civil 3D 2011, and it was definitely there. I put in a quick email to Trimble support and found that the issue can be summed up quite simply: 64 bit. My operating system and Civil 3D version are both 64 bit, and Trimble Link for AutoCAD Civil 3D installer currently supports only 32 bit operating systems and the 32 bit version of Civil 3D 2011. There currently is no workaround.
I have heard users mention that this should be a simple code fix. It actually isn’t quite that simple – without getting into specifics, the process would be much closer to starting over completely. However, they are definitely aware of the issue and hope to have a 64 bit version at some point.
In the meantime, we would like for you to log a support request through the Subscription Center if you are experiencing this issue. This will allow us to be able to track the number of users impacted by this.
Many thanks to David O’Connor of Trimble Tech Support for the speedy response to my inquiry, and for explaining the “why” behind the issue.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Vui lòng viết tiếng Việt có dấu!!!